With the end of World War II and hundreds of thousands of GI’s returning home, automobile sales soared. Traffic increased and so did the need to control it. Early in 1946, Joseph Lizzadro, Sr. and his associate Mr. Edward R. Hansen formed Traffic Control Corporation, thus becoming the exclusive distributor for Automatic Signal Company in the states of Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin operation out of its original location at 134 North LaSalle Street in Chicago, Illinois.
Today, Traffic Control has a territory that includes eleven states. Our corporate office, warehouse, and Illinois regional sales office are located in Woodridge, Illinois. Regional sales offices are located in Indiana, Missouri, Minnesota and Iowa. As an exclusive distributor for industry leading manufacturer’s such as the Econolite Group and General Electric we have expanded our reach to service and support state and local agencies and local contractors in, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin.
We are appreciative of the many individuals in state and local agencies, consulting service providers, and contractors who have made Traffic Control Corporation the leading regional distributor of traffic signal products, systems and service.